Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Taking a stab at embroidery

I'm taking up a new craft and, so far, it is a fun fit.  I'm trying out embroidery and I started off with a gift for a couple that are good friends of ours, Laura and Rich.  Rich has a blog called Cthulhu's Library so I decided to embroider a bib with a Baby Cthulhu for them.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt.  Just don't look at the back!


I think my craft skills will come in handy on the boat, especially in sail repair.  Speaking of which, we will have some "new" sails soon.  Brian has found some good deals on Ebay and we should have them in a few days.

In other boat news, we will be on our way back to Shallotte to see the boat and more family this afternoon.  I can't wait to hit the road and watch the sky broaden as we leave the enveloping landscape of mountainous Virginia and enter the flatter world of coastal Carolina.  I really hope to get in some beach time on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment