Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Twists and turns - wire jewelry

In addition to catching up on my reading, I've also been crafting away during these cold winter days.  Most recently I was commissioned by my aunt to make some earrings for her to give to my cousin for her birthday.  It was a little different, and slightly more nerve-wracking, than my usual leisurely experimentation, but I was fairly pleased with the results and - unless they're just being nice - my aunt and cousin were happy with them too.

For these, I twisted some type of silver artistic wire around a tube to get the shape.  Purple is my cousin's favorite color, so I added two purple beads at the bottom.

Here I twisted larger gauge silver-coated copper wire into this sort of treble clef shape, then flattened and texturized them with a hammer.

These were made with artist's coated copper wire and some bead findings.

I'm toying with the idea of opening an Etsy store but before I can seriously consider it I need to perfect this wirework, which is totally new to me, make more items to actually put in a store, and learn to take proper photos of it all.  In the meantime, I'll keep doing stuff for the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment