Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter reading

How does one endure record-breaking winter temperatures when one hates winter?  By reading, of course!  Brian and I have both kept our noses buried in books as December and January have slowly passed.  What have I been reading?

The Curse of the Pharoahs  by Elizabeth Peters.  The second in the Amelia Peabody series.  I adore these books and am kicking myself for taking so long to discover them.

Amazonia and Ice Hunt  by James Rollins.  These books are good fun for those who like a scientific bent to their adventure.

The Amber Room by Steve Berry.  I didn't enjoy this one very much.  Brian tells me the author's second book is much better so I will give him another chance.

Morality for Beautiful Girls and Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith.  These are the 3rd and 4th books in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.  Words cannot express how dear these books are to me.  They are like a warm cup of tea on a cold day.  A sunny day on the beach.  A ride on a classic rollercoaster.  I just love them and cherish every charming word of them.




Next on my reading list....

No comments:

Post a Comment